Tuesday 3 March 2009

5 @ MSRC

Yesterday was my fifth anniversary of joining Microsoft Research! (I didn't get much time to think about this yesterday as I was busy with something else.) Microsoft rewards such milestones with an award - currently this is a rather elegant crystal sculpture designed by Hybrid 3. (The blue one is for five years.) Previously, the award used to be a clock - things have definitely improved.

I realized that this is actually the longest I've ever stayed in one job! There are a number of reasons for this, but it is certainly the case that I'm *very* happy at MSRC. It's a fantastic place to work, with great support from management and inspiring colleagues to work with, e.g. I have Sir Tony Hoare in the office next to me, and Luca Cardelli - the author of the very first research paper I read when I was an undergraduate at Imperial - is my manager!

1 comment:

James said...

Wow. Congrats Gavin!