Thursday 14 August 2008

The next laptop?

I'm a happy user of my Dell X1, but that's getting a little old-in-the tooth. I don't dare run Vista on it, but I have to run Office 2007/Visual Studio 2008 so combined with the usual cruft that one accumulates over the years it's getting very slooow!

Unfortunately it's not easy to find a lightweight laptop (around 1kg) with a decent screen resolution. (Oh, and running Windows, before someone suggests a MacBook Air :-))

Finally after months of rumours, Dell has announced a very nice new machine (here). Dual-core, SSD, 1kg, 1280x800 12.1" screen, and pretty cool looking too. No prices yet, so not sure what our IT manager will say...

3 comments:

Nate Foster said...

"Oh, and running Windows, before someone suggests a MacBook Air"

Are these mutually exclusive? ;-)

Gavin Bierman said...

You're right!

I think you have to work in the MacBU to be able to buy Apple Hardware, like Nadyne! Although I'm not that impressed with the MacBook Air - I prefer the look of the Sony TZ31...

Jerry said...

AC Power Adapter Compaq Presario 2100 2500 90W
Pretty cool.

pdaaccessories.com/productDetail.asp?accid=897&searchcat=Laptop+C